Find a Programme / Argentina
impulsando tus ideas
Launched in 2001, DESAFÍO Joven, or “Youth Challenge”, provides one-to-one mentoring to encourage young people to develop an entrepreneurial spirit and to help them turn their enterprising ideas into a viable business plan.
Each young person is matched with an experienced business adviser who helps them to transform their idea into a viable business plan. The programme also delivers informative talks on starting a business covering issues such as: marketing; legal issues; and, accounting.
DESAFÍO Joven is a partnership between Shell Argentina and ACDE - Asociación de Dirigentes de Empresas (Christian Association of Corporate Executives).
The programme benefits young entrepreneurs with links to partner organisations connected to the world of enterprise, including:
- Endeavor - an organisation that promotes an enterprise culture and supports new ventures. It gives the opportunity for young entrepreneurs to attend lectures and develop their own networks.
- Naves - a business plan competency programme organised by IAE University.
- Inicia - a foundation of entrepreneurs that keeps former DESAFÍO Joven participants informed and updated of relevant training.
Youth Challenge is unique because it is open to all young people aged 20-28 living in the Greater Buenos Aires region regardless of their educational achievements, and each participant receives one-to-one business advice on developing their business plan.
Since the launch of DESAFÍO Joven:
- More than 158,350 young people have had contact with the programme.
- 18,787 have registered to receive information.
- 7,248 have received enterprise training.
- 1,536 young people completed their business plan.