Latest News / Shell LiveWIRE inspires enterprise around the world
A global youth enterprise programme, supported by Shell, has provided over 1.3 million young people globally with information, advice and support to develop enterprising ideas and consider starting their own businesses.
Shell LiveWIRE International, which has established LiveWIRE schemes in 23 countries throughout the world, has helped over 2,800 new businesses to start up with the creation of over 8,900 jobs.
LiveWIRE is one of Shell’s flagship Social Investment Programmes. It promotes enterprise and provides practical advice, training and ongoing support services to young people who want to develop enterprising ideas and start their own businesses.
More than 39,000 young people have attended a Shell LiveWIRE business training workshop or course, and the programmes are delivered in 10 languages.
Explaining the success of the programme,
Shell LiveWIRE International programmes work in partnership with over 60 public and private sector organisations.
For further information please contact:
Notes to Editors
All programmes are based on LiveWIRE, a Shell Social Investment Programme, which aims to inspire young people to explore the possibility of starting their own business. The original LiveWIRE programme was launched in 1982 in the
LiveWIRE schemes are financed on a country by country basis by the local Shell company and operate in partnership with local and national Government to facilitate delivery of economic and social inclusion programmes.
Shell LiveWIRE programmes are currently operating in 23 countries including: Abu Dhabi; Argentina; Brazil; Brunei; Chile; Egypt; Hong Kong; Indonesia; Iran; Ireland; Libya; Mauritius; Netherlands; Nigeria; Oman; Pakistan; Qatar; Singapore; South Africa; and, the United Kingdom ( England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales ).
- Big increase in entrepreneurs for LiveWIRE Brazil
- Argentina raises a glass to its LiveWIREs
- Innovative Lighting Company Wins LiveWIRE Netherlands Award
- 10 Young, Creative and Social Minded Entrepreneurs Recognised at LiveWIRE Indonesia Awards
- Dutch LiveWIREs make awards shortlist
- Brazil celebrates its LiveWIREs
- Ben Allen is Shell LiveWIRE UK Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- It's a win win for Tameer and Lubes!
- Dutch entrepreneurs compete to become a LiveWIRE NL Award finalist
- Brazilian entrepreneurs share their experiences at Iniciativa Jovem Talks
- Iniciativa Jovem visits Shell Brazil
- LiveWIRE UK celebrates membership milestone
- Shell trains more than 5000 Saudi youth in business skills
- Three LiveWIRE success stories feature on Shell.com
- Brazilian LiveWIREs start their enterprise journey