Latest News / Indonesian Government Presents Entrepreneur Award to Shell Chairman
The Indonesian Government has presented a special enterprise award to Darwin Silalahi, President, Director and Country Chairman of Shell Indonesia.
The Minister of Cooperatives and SMEs, Sjarifuddin Hasan, presented Mr Silalahi with the award for “Best Entrepreneurship Motivators” in recognition of his commitment in supporting entrepreneurship development in Indonesia. Other leading CEOs from Bank Mandiri, Ciputra Group and Bogasari also received the award and the presentations, to mark the opening of the National Entrepreneurship Movement, were attended by the President of Indonesia, Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono.
Two winners of last year’s Shell LiveWIRE’s Business Start-Up Awards, Ali Bagus Antra (founder of Bebek Garang restaurant in Bandung) and Nur Kartika Indah (owner of Nata de Cassava from Yogyakarta) also received awards in recognition of their business success.
The three day event was enlivened by exhibitions by small businesses and was also enriched with an Entrepreneur Summit, comprising workshops and seminars on the current challenges facing entrepreneurship development in the country.
The LiveWIRE exhibition stand proved to be very popular, and the LiveWIRE Indonesia Programme Manager Sri Endah said, “When the President passed our Shell LiveWIRE stand, he expressed his thanks to Shell. Other Ministers who visited the stand complimented the LiveWIRE entrepreneurs on their creativity in creating the products on display.”
Following the event, Darwin Silalahi was invited by the Ministry of Economy to present Shell Indonesia’s direction in “Dialogue of CSR on Entrepreneurship”.
- Big increase in entrepreneurs for LiveWIRE Brazil
- Argentina raises a glass to its LiveWIREs
- Innovative Lighting Company Wins LiveWIRE Netherlands Award
- 10 Young, Creative and Social Minded Entrepreneurs Recognised at LiveWIRE Indonesia Awards
- Dutch LiveWIREs make awards shortlist
- Brazil celebrates its LiveWIREs
- Ben Allen is Shell LiveWIRE UK Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- It's a win win for Tameer and Lubes!
- Dutch entrepreneurs compete to become a LiveWIRE NL Award finalist
- Brazilian entrepreneurs share their experiences at Iniciativa Jovem Talks
- Iniciativa Jovem visits Shell Brazil
- LiveWIRE UK celebrates membership milestone
- Shell trains more than 5000 Saudi youth in business skills
- Three LiveWIRE success stories feature on Shell.com
- Brazilian LiveWIREs start their enterprise journey