Latest News / Antlers Gallery Announce First London Show
Shell LiveWIRE Grand Ideas Awards Antlers Bristol launch an emerging scene of contemporary skill-based artists in London.
Antlers Gallery, for whom founder Jack Gibbon won a Shell LiveWIRE Grand Ideas Award in July 2011, is one of the most recent and intriguing editions to Bristol’s art scene. Launched in 2010 they represent an emerging group of artists who bring contemporary interpretations to traditional methods and subjects. Central to all the artist’s work are skill-based practices, good draughtsmanship with a particular focus on drawing and painting. Works with strong narrative elements, pieces that evoke a sense of the uncanny and references to the natural world also unify the artists. For the first time this rapidly developing Bristol scene will be on show in London, with the Antlers curated show – ‘Other Nature’.
‘Other Nature’ brings contemporary interpretations to traditional genres through re-examining and manipulating the ideas of Natural History, Landscape and Narrative painting. The works have all been produced in the urban environment and create a tension between the natural and the man-made. Within many of the works animal and natural forms are positioned as the ‘other’ in turn redefining the human position. The otherness of nature juxtaposed with the human familiarity creates an un-easy, uncanny or otherworldly aesthetic.
The event will be taking place at Frameless Gallery, 20 Clerkenwell Green, Islington, EC1R 0DP.
19 – 31 March 2012, open daily 11am – 7pm
- Argentina raises a glass to its LiveWIREs
- Innovative Lighting Company Wins LiveWIRE Netherlands Award
- 10 Young, Creative and Social Minded Entrepreneurs Recognised at LiveWIRE Indonesia Awards
- Dutch LiveWIREs make awards shortlist
- Brazil celebrates its LiveWIREs
- Ben Allen is Shell LiveWIRE UK Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- It's a win win for Tameer and Lubes!
- Dutch entrepreneurs compete to become a LiveWIRE NL Award finalist
- Brazilian entrepreneurs share their experiences at Iniciativa Jovem Talks
- Iniciativa Jovem visits Shell Brazil
- LiveWIRE UK celebrates membership milestone
- Shell trains more than 5000 Saudi youth in business skills
- Three LiveWIRE success stories feature on Shell.com
- Brazilian LiveWIREs start their enterprise journey