Latest News / Intilaaqah launches in Saudi Arabia
The latest addition to the Intilaaqah network is Saudi Arabia, which is backed by Shell in co-operation with The Centennial Fund; a charity with a royal charter to help young Saudi citizens to achieve financial independence by helping them to start their own businesses.
Intilaaqah aims to inspire more young people to consider starting a business, and will help them develop their ideas and business planning skills through a programme of enterprise training workshops. The Centennial Fund will look to provide financial support to those young people who develop viable business propositions through Intilaaqah, so the two organisations complement each other perfectly.
Speaking at the launch of the programme, Michel Faure, President and CEO of Shell in Saudi Arabia and Bahrain (pictured left in the photograph) said, “Based on the experience and success of Shell LiveWIRE around the world, Intilaaqah KSA aims to inspire young people to open and manage their own businesses by providing them with training and educational programmes. We are hoping to achieve this best through our partnership with The Centennial Fund.”
The programme, which has a dedicated website www.intilaaqah-ksa.com, has already run two “Bright Ideas” enterprise awareness workshops in Riyadh and Jeddah for 300 young people. Those who go on to produce a business plan will be considered for financial support to help them start their business from The Centennial Fund.
- Argentina raises a glass to its LiveWIREs
- Innovative Lighting Company Wins LiveWIRE Netherlands Award
- 10 Young, Creative and Social Minded Entrepreneurs Recognised at LiveWIRE Indonesia Awards
- Dutch LiveWIREs make awards shortlist
- Brazil celebrates its LiveWIREs
- Ben Allen is Shell LiveWIRE UK Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- It's a win win for Tameer and Lubes!
- Dutch entrepreneurs compete to become a LiveWIRE NL Award finalist
- Brazilian entrepreneurs share their experiences at Iniciativa Jovem Talks
- Iniciativa Jovem visits Shell Brazil
- LiveWIRE UK celebrates membership milestone
- Shell trains more than 5000 Saudi youth in business skills
- Three LiveWIRE success stories feature on Shell.com
- Brazilian LiveWIREs start their enterprise journey