Latest News / Mitch Smith wins £1,000 at Shell LiveWIRE UK's Live Pitching Comp!
NSEC2012 live pitching competition at Aston University, Birmingham
Mitch Smith, a 26yr old student at Loughborough University won £1,000 from us (Shell LiveWIRE UK) at our NSEC2012 live pitching competition at Aston University, Birmingham.
50 student entrepreneurs pitched their business ideas to Stuart Anderson and Paul Lancaster at the two day conference (18-19 February), before the top three were invited to pitch again to the audience of over 200 delegates.
Mitch was chosen as the overall winner after wowing the crowd not only with his polished presentation style, but his idea for a smartphone app that measures someone's health by sending an electrical current through their body - known as 'Bioimpedence' (see video below).
What happens next?
After receiving £1,000 cash from Shell LiveWIRE, Mitch is now looking for an engineer / developer to help create his smartphone app and device. He also welcomes input and advice from any healthcare specialists and investors out there that would like to help take the idea forward.
Please watch the short video below and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be put in touch with Mitch.
About Mitch Smith
Originally from Toronto, Mitch worked as a personal trainer while studying business at the University of Western Ontario. Following this he worked onboard the Sun Princess cruise line as a Fitness Director in charge of all operations from Nutrition and Detoxification consultations through to teaching all fitness classes and PT.
After broadening his horizon in the global health, fitness and wellness industry, he decided to start consulting independently at resorts for Mark Warner Holidays in Greece and Portugal. Following this, he decided to pursue my dream of bringing out his own lifestyle pH plan based on measurements through the system of Bioimpedance.
Upon a successful campaign at resorts, he decided to enroll at Loughborough University for their Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences programme where he is now gaining the knowledge and understanding of molecular pathways to ultimately innovate my own natural health supplements.
Mitch says, "I am currently a qualified Personal Trainer in Europe and North America and have been working around the clock trying to build a team that will help me bring my Health-Tech Innovation out onto the market."
- Big increase in entrepreneurs for LiveWIRE Brazil
- Argentina raises a glass to its LiveWIREs
- Innovative Lighting Company Wins LiveWIRE Netherlands Award
- 10 Young, Creative and Social Minded Entrepreneurs Recognised at LiveWIRE Indonesia Awards
- Dutch LiveWIREs make awards shortlist
- Brazil celebrates its LiveWIREs
- Ben Allen is Shell LiveWIRE UK Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- It's a win win for Tameer and Lubes!
- Dutch entrepreneurs compete to become a LiveWIRE NL Award finalist
- Brazilian entrepreneurs share their experiences at Iniciativa Jovem Talks
- Iniciativa Jovem visits Shell Brazil
- LiveWIRE UK celebrates membership milestone
- Shell trains more than 5000 Saudi youth in business skills
- Three LiveWIRE success stories feature on Shell.com
- Brazilian LiveWIREs start their enterprise journey