The Programme / Training and Workshops
inspiring enterprise around the world
Access to business planning tools and skills is a key part of all Shell LiveWIRE programmes. LiveWIRE generally offers 2 core skills training events:
- Bright ideas Workshop to introduce the concept of enterprise and business start as a viable choice to young people. Bright Ideas also signposts participants to further sources of help should they wish to start their own business.
- Become a Successful Owner Manager Skills based workshop series that covers writing a business plan. This includes marketing, employing people, financial forecasting and strategy development. This is usually aligned to locally relevant qualifications.
When exploring an enterprise a written business plan can help to illustrate the idea as well and communicate the business aims to other organisations or individuals such as sources of possible funding.
A good business plan should include basic information that is well researched and realistically sourced. Normally a plan should contain:
- An explanation of what the business will do
- Who is involved in the business and what skills and resources they bring
- A view on who will buy the product or service and why
- A marketing plan
- Financial forecasts, an explanation of overall viability whilst giving an indication of finance already available and further finance required
- An estimated cash flow forecast
Skills are access on a range of differing platforms dependant on the country and most appropriate access. This can be workshop based through to fully web-based or a mix.