This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Shell Intilaaqah Oman signs MoU with Haya Water to boost SMEs

Welcome to Shell LiveWIRE International / Shell Intilaaqah Oman signs MoU with Haya Water to boost SMEs

Opportunities in Oman's water industry

Handshake between Chris Breeze (Shell Oman) and Eng. Hussain Hassan Ali AbdulHussain (Haya Water)

Shell Intilaaqah Oman has signed an MoU with Haya Water (the Government owned water authority in Muscat Governorate) to support entrepreneurs and enterprise development.

The MoU was signed at Shell’s offices in Mina al Fahal by Chris Breeze, Shell’s Country Chairman in Oman, and Eng. Hussain Hassan Ali AbdulHussain, the CEO of Haya Water.

Shell Intilaaqah’s partnership with Haya Water will provide young entrepreneurs, supported by Shell Intilaaqah, with the chance to compete for business opportunities within the water industry and to enable them to transform their business ideas into viable enterprises.

This is the second MoU to be signed between Shell Intilaaqah and a strategic partner who can provide business opportunities for Intilaaqah supported entrepreneurs. At the beginning of 2014, the programme partnered with Future Generation International (Ajyal), one of W.J. Towell group of companies to provide business opportunities on a joint venture basis for 10 Intilaaqah entrepreneurs. Ajyal will provide equity funding of up to 70%, with the entrepreneur contributing the remaining 30%. Business opportunities will be provided in the construction, engineering, automotive, and consumer products industries. Ajyal will also support the entrepreneurs with both business and technical support as their business develops and grows.

In order to be considered for business opportunities with Haya Water, entrepreneurs must successfully complete Intilaaqah’s Enterprise Development Programme (IEDP). The IEDP equips entrepreneurs with the essential tools they need to run a successful business, including the development of skills in business management, strategic planning, project management, financial planning, marketing, communications, and human resources. In order to complete the course, participants are required to submit their plans to an Intilaaqah panel, and following a rigorous approval process, business opportunities with Hiya Water will be awarded to a select number of entrepreneurs.

Speaking at the MoU signing ceremony, Chris Breeze said, “We are delighted to partner with Haya Water on an initiative that encourages entrepreneurship in Oman. This is the second of a series of planned partnerships with companies across Oman that will provide Omani entrepreneurs with exposure to business opportunities.”

Demonstrating his support on behalf of Haya Water, Eng. Hussain Hassan Ali AbdulHussain said, “we are happy to sign this mutual understanding with Shell, which is proposed to support entrepreneurs in small and medium enterprises. We consider SMEs as key drivers for a national economy and therefore supporting them is one of the top priorities for economic growth, job creation and economic and social cohesion.

“Haya Water is committed to support and develop SMEs in the Sultanate of Oman to give topmost priority and thrust for facilitating and coordinating the growth and development of the SME sector in line with the national objective programme.”

Created in December 2002, Haya Water’s vision is to enable Muscat to become one of the top cities in the world by building and operating a world class water reuse system that connects at least 80% of properties by 2020, and brings enormous environmental benefits to the city.


 

Increase Font Decrease Font