The Programme / Business Planning & Management Training
developing enterprise around the world
The production of a viable, finance-ready business plan is essential. Firstly, to help the entrepreneur make a personal decision about committing time, energy and money to their business idea and secondly, to exhibit that idea to other stakeholders, for example potential sources of finance or trade suppliers.
Any start-up business needs a robust business plan and the skills covered within Become a Successful Owner Manager (BSOM) support business ideas that have identified a place within a local value chain.
The Become a Successful Owner Manager workshop series comprehensively covers the writing of a business plan. This includes marketing, employing people, financial forecasting and strategy development. This is usually aligned to locally relevant qualifications.
A good business plan should include basic information that is well researched and realistically sourced. Normally a plan should contain:
- An explanation of what the business will do
- Who is involved in the business and what skills and resources they bring
- A view on who will buy the product or service and why
- A marketing plan
- Financial forecasts, an explanation of overall viability whilst giving an indication of finance already available and further finance required
- An estimated cash flow forecast